Thursday, January 10, 2008

Argh

Nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it.
~Lao Tzu

This morning dawned Perfect Paddling Day Four, while I remain languishing at home with what may or may not be strep throat. I'm voting for not; the culture has been taken and I am tossing back antibiotics, which are having no effect whatsoever on the excruciating experience that is swallowing. At this rate, it will be well into next week before I can even think about getting out.

Meanwhile, during those times I am not in a Nyquil buzz (the only relief is in sleep, not to belabor the suffering aspect of this. I don't do well at being sick, as you may have gathered), I surf around other paddling sites. I came to Dave's Yak Tales, which has the best underwater manatee photos I have ever seen. Drop by; tell him I sent you. Depending on how often he posts after this one, you may have to scroll down the first page to get to the manatees.

Surely I will get over this eventually and get back out paddling. Stand by.

7 comments:

Richard said...

That bird looks like he's saying "What do you mean your sick???"

Get well soon. Look all your pictures Peg.

Ruth said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. At least Strep throat can be treated with antibiotics. Viral sore throats can last a long time and are difficult to treat.

Dave said...

You are too kind. Sure the Nyquil isn't affecting your judgement ?

Stacie said...

Oh I so hope you get better soon and it isn't strep. I HATE strep..it's AWFUL! does this mean you had to forgo the camping trip? I hope you are better soon! Stacie

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Sorry to hear about your ailment, Peg. Hang in there....

Anonymous said...

Hope your better by now Peg....

clairesgarden said...

sorry you are unwell, there is nothing worse than wanting to get out paddling and not being able to go.
get well soon!!